I live in Southern California with my angelic husband, our three children (we're working on the angelic part), two dogs (they take after my husband), and personal library of over one thousand children's books. I hold a Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Sociology, as well as, an Elementary Teaching Credential.
Whether it be writing children's books, cooking new recipes, developing marketing material for the family business, creating art projects with my kiddos, or throwing epic birthday parties, my absolute favorite thing to do is drum up my imagination! All this would be nearly impossible without Yogi tea and the occasional mojito.
The More Serious Stuff:
- Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators: Member 2006-2015
- ΔΚΓ International Society of Women Educators: Member, Speaker, Community Service Chair, and Monthly Column Published in Newsletter 2007-2012
- Wrote Ministries Women’s Business Network: Member 2009-2012
- Horizon North County: Teen Coordinator and Speaker 2008-2012
- San Diego and Poway Unified School District: Elementary Teacher 2002-2009
- Character Counts Character Education Program: Certified Trainer 2007-2008
- California Love on a Leash: Pet Therapy Trainee (Note: My Chihuahua was the class pet) 2005-2008
- Sylvan Learning Center: Tutor 2003-2004
- Angel Sitters Nanny Agency: President 2001-2004
- LoveWorks Children’s Outreach: Team Honduras Volunteer 2001
- Warren Walker Schools: Childcare Teacher 1998-2001
- Nanny 1994-2001